Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where is Winter?

Seeing as how we live in Texas, the coldest day we have had this year would most likely have been in the 40s at the absolute lowest. I realize that there is a very small and short window to actually experience a winter in this state of ours, but is it too much to ask for an actual cold snap somewhere in the near future? The weatherman keeps promising a “cold front” and I keep waking up feeling disappointed. The closest we have gotten to chilly has been humid and hot days where the mornings are gloomy and the afternoons are clouded mixed with hazed sunshine (ozone action day much?) WHERE IS WINTER?!

There are so many things I look forward to around this time of year. Winter, for me, is associated with so many cozy thoughts and ideas. Hot chocolate is fun to pour with friends and family, the fire is usually roaring (though not in my apartment as I am lacking a fireplace of my own), the sweaters and fleeces are pulled from the far corners of closets, Christmas lights are strung up in the neighborhood, fall colors make an appearance in home décor shops, there is pumpkin pie and Christmas is near!

Am I jumping the gun a bit seeing how Thanksgiving is still a few weeks ago? Sure I am— so sue me!
Side bar- Happy Birthday to Katie!!!

1 comments:

Katie Rae Snow said...

Aw thanks!!!

I do agree with you about the winter! I'm ready for static in my hair and not shaving my lets but once a week! Bring it on! :)

PS. Let's plan our next dinner...