Tuesday, November 18, 2008

FINALLY!

I guess I asked for it- winter finally seems to be here. Sure, the afternoons still reach the 70-degree mark and the sun still shines intensely enough into my car during the day that I need to sometimes click on the AC- but there are some tell tale signs that winter has finally arrived.

1) My hair is ridiculously ridden with a ton of static electricity. It doesn’t help that my hair happens to be in that awkward in between stage of just below the shoulders and right above the spot that I longer want to shave it off all day everyday. My hair sticks to my face, stands straight up down the center of my part and I walk around feeling my head may resemble Einstein’s own hairdo a little too much.

2) I am having a hard time waking up. No matter how early I go to bed, I'm still so tired and still very much dreading that moment where I peel the covers off of myself and stand up to face the day. I have found myself sleeping until the very last possible moment on more than one occasion and am sad to say that my appearance may be starting to suffer. Shame on me.

3) I am frustrated with everything in my closet. I did already make mention of the cold and dry mornings that are followed by warm and sunny afternoons. So, I ask you- what on earth do you wear on a day like this? Today I went all in and opted for a turtleneck but I bet you about $300 that come noon, I will look like a downright fool. The only option for this indecisive weather I have come up with is layering and most women know how annoying that is. Not only does it make you look bulky in the worst ways but most of the time youre dressed, youre rearranging one thing or yanking on another. I cannot stand when one top is bunched up under another or the seams don’t match up… UGH!

4) Getting to the gym is at an all time low. I made a great effort last week and worked out three whole days in a row (yes, Id like a medal) and it felt great. Yet somehow this week, I'm too “Wintered out” to lift a finger. Perhaps this has a direct effect on how I look in layered clothes? Hmm..

5) I don’t want to end this post having only made 4 points, so Ill move on to point #5. Soup sounds good for almost every meal. I love soup. Ill admit it, my name is Desiree and I'm addicted to soup. Having rifled through all my recipes over the last few days I managed to find some new soups to try that I may add to my list of favorites. Soup warms your bones (that’s also what I say when I eat oatmeal), its comforting and its not all that bad for you if you eat it in small portions or opt for a healthier type (duh, right?).
All in all, here is a warm welcome to winter. I'm so glad you finally showed up. Please don’t make me look any more foolish than I may already look in my turtleneck today and leave town for the next week or so. Thanks.

0 comments: