Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wedding Wednesday

I feel as though were at a strange point with this wedding planning, a sort of limbo, if you will. Its not far enough away to have nothing to do and not close enough to be consuming us. Admittedly, it never really got to be consuming to either of us, but weve had phases of being busy with planning. Our honeymoon is booked (more on that later in its own post), my bands (yes, I will have two) will be completed tomorrow and shipped to our house, Dereks is in our hands, we meet with the church organist next week to decide on ceremony music (Im currently in negotiations with the church to allow me to walk down the aisle to ‘here comes the bride’), my next dress fitting will be very soon and even my shoes are being broken in. The last completely unfinished task is our programs.  I cant find any paper that speaks to me, I cant bring myself to get excited about such a formality and its sort of nagging at me in the back of my mind. Did any of you brides out there have the same problem with any aspect of your planning or am I a deadbeat bride?

80 more days until Im a Mrs...

3 comments:

A Real Housewife said...

you are so not a deadbeat bride! we had them (no idea how...i think maybe kerry had them put together?), but programs are really such a waste. they go in the garbage immediately following the ceremony.

Desiree Lynn said...

We didn't have programs just so I wouldn't have to deal with them. :)

rena said...

We had them and I was glad to have them - my suggestion is if you do have them, not to print out one for EVERY guest - they can share, it's no biggie plus as a PP said, they prob will not save them (although I did before planning my wedding :)

There is a paper place on Lamar and 38th? Where that Central Market is, I'm really sorry I don't remember the name, but if you are facing CM - it's in the left part of the shopping center. They had a LOT of stuff there, maybe you might find something there. I found some and then just took it to Kinko's to print them up.