Its been a while since I stopped by and had much to share. I have (and always) keep up with your blogs, though. Derek and I have been shopping around for a new laptop as mine is pretty much a heap of garbage these days and blogging can be a very frustrating project. Anyway, I digress.
Dereks mouth healed nicely and hes back on his A game minus his four wisdom teeth. I had a small bachelorette party this weekend in San Antonio with three of my close gal pals that will be unable to attend the bigger party in New Orleans slated for December. We attended a couples shower for a cousin and went to a dinner party last night. Today? I am sick. Not the contagious, fever kind- but the- Im allergic to everything in the air, I have drainage coming down the back of my throat (disgusting, I know) and its causing a loud, nasty cough that kept me awake most of last night. Im so worn out, my back and chest hurt from coughing and Im tired from tossing and turning.
I received some news from work I wanted to share and it will keep me very very busy for the next few weeks. One of my coworkers- the nicest and most kind man Ive ever met, had emergency surgery a few weeks ago to remove a brain tumor. He has been and will continue to be out of work until early October and Ive been asked to cover for him. The good news is it will be very substantial hands on training for when I eventually move into the same role later in my career at my company. Im both excited and honored to have been asked and hope I will please and impress the company during these next few weeks.
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Updates
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 1:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats!
Speedy recovery to EVERYONE!!!
hugs, k
Congrats.. so sorry for your co-worker. :(
We're looking for a new computer, too...mine is suffering a slow death. I'm looking at Toshiba something or other WITH a built in video camera so I can do video chats with everyone once Nolan arrives...hint hint. Get one with a video camera. ;)
Obvs sorry for your coworker, but Congrats to you and I know you'll do an amazing job!!
Congrats on the job and I'm sure you'll impress them.
Good luck with the job stuff. I'm feeling a little under the weather myself. Sinus drainage and coughing SUCKS!
Post a Comment