Monday, July 28, 2008

Wedding Bells

Yes, we survived another wedding weekend. This time it was Walt and Jennifer's turn to take the plunge. I did my best Saturday to take as many pictures as possible.

I worked on Friday night and met up with the wedding party (post rehearsal dinner) for some drinks and to tour the new house in Blackhawk purchased by the newlyweds. Impressive would be an understatement. Since Im no good with spacial description or recalling a physical layout, and little remains in my memory aside from their granite counter tops and mega tall ceilings, Ill just leave it at amazing.











The wedding came a bit early on Saturday since it was at 2. It was a decently long catholic service with lots of up and downs, kneeling and hand motions that I didnt know the meaning of. The reception found us at good ol' Pfluger Hall with pink EVERYWHERE. There was a candy bar, a cupcake tower in place of the traditional cake, and all sorts of pink decorations with the Bride and Grooms name plastered across them. Around 10 PM, after lots of dancing, food and drinks, the newlyweds were whisked away in their getaway car and we all headed to a local bar within walking distance for some karaoke. This seems to be a tradition among our friends after local weddings, and Players knows us by name. Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing... but either way, we always have fun!

Sunday was spent in its typical manner: scrumptious food for lunch at the Bohls', lots of Macey squeezing time, some lounging (I watched the Wizard of Oz) and then Derek and I went to see The Dark Knight at the IMAX. We both thought it was so good, a little scary and twisted, but oh so entertaining. I will, however add the we both had really bad nightmares, but the movie was still good- just maybe not Sunday night appropriate? Bedtime found me falling asleep to the E! True Hollywood Story of Britney Spears: The Price of Fame. Sucker for bad tv? I think so.

0 comments: