So I took advantage of the hours I have clocked at Massage Envy last night and got a free massage. I chose the least creepy of my co-workers (a very fun loving gay man) and scheduled myself an hour with him.
He told me that not only are my back and neck a disaster area but he suggested I get a massage at least once a month because of all the tension I seem to hold in that area (I could have told you that). He really worked out a lot of kinks I had back there and stretched me out better than I have done myself for what feels like years... and sent me on my way with instructions to drink a lot of water. The reason for this being that when the muscles are worked over like that, many toxins are released and if you dont drink a lot of water to flush it all out, you may actually get sick from it all! Talk about disgusting. It also helps with any soreness that may linger on for the next few days but I chose to focus on the grosser reason.
Today, I feel relaxed and calm but Im afraid something stressful will come my way and Ill start making knots in my back again! Its only a matter of time.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
The Perks
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 9:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
not a bad perk to have! do you think since i work at a homebuilding company that they would give me a free home? :) probably not...
I am glad you had a chance to relax my friend! You deserve it more than anyone. Except for me come next week... can you hook a sista up with a massage deal after the move?
Post a Comment