I am well on my way back to humanism and am happy to report that aside from a cough and some extra "drainage" I am much better than I was last week.
I am back at work (yay?) and after working both Saturday and Sunday at Massage Envy, Im feeling a bit cheated of what should have felt like an actual weekend. Oh well, such is life I suppose. Anyway, I have a birthday looming and thats far more exciting to talk about....
In 13 days (yes, thats less than 2 full weeks) I will turn 25. TWENTY FIVE. I will be one quarter of a century old. I know age is only a number and its all about how you feel or how you act and all that but I cant help but feel that maybe Im not quite where I pictured myself being at this particular age. Sure, at age 8 or even 10, a 25 year old may as well be retired and bound to a wheelchair, but now that Im almost there, it just seems too fast. I feel like by now, I should be settled in a very satisfying career, I should have perfected the art of saving money responsibly, I should have more to show for myself.
I know this seems a bit harsh, but think about it- I have been on earth for this long and I dont feel like Ive impacted it in any huge way. What was I expecting, you ask? To that I can only say I have no idea... just thought maybe I would have done more by now.
Im in no rush to get married or have kids, I dont feel the need to own a house or to plan for my retirement other than to allow "the man" to take a percentage of my paycheck and store it away for later use. I dont need a Nobel Prize or a medal of any kind- maybe I just need to accept that what I have done and the people I have met- are enough. I just want to feel 25... and I dont.
Perhaps that is a good thing?
Monday, July 21, 2008
Birthday Looming...
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment