Thursday, June 24, 2010

Try It Thursday- Crispin Cider

As many of you already know, I work for a distributer here in Austin. We sell many products ranging from bottled water, tea, alcohol and energy drinks. Thanks to a suggestion from my dearest Erin, I have decided to take you along on my journey. I will choose a product we distribute and tell you everything I know about it- every Thursday. And now for our first… Try It Thursday! Because we just launched this new product last night, its new and exciting Ill start with it.

Crispin Hard Ciders are naturally fermented using a premium apple juice blend, not from concentrate, with no added malt, grape wine or spirit alcohol. The unique flavors are smoothed with pure apple juice or organic honey or organic maple syrup and contain no added colorants, sorbate or benzoate preservatives and are cold filtered for crisp refreshment. Whats even more different? The company is pushing that these drinks should be served over ice. What sounds more refreshing than an iced down tasty treat that will also give you a little buzz? Not much, my friends. Not much.

The appeal of this drink, aside from its all natural ingredients, are all the different combinations to try! Crispin Hard Ciders are deliciously crisp over ice on their own. They are also excellent accompaniments for professional and aspiring mixologists - for the Lazy Bartender looking for a quick, easy, refreshing cider cocktail adventure, or for the more adventurous wanting to investigate more complex creative mixology.

Just to give you a few delicious examples:
Crispin + Bud Light Lime = Snake Light Lime
Crispin + Dos Equis = Sidewinder
Crispin + Dos Equis Amber = Rattlesnake
Crispin + Smithwicks = Amber Velvet
Crispin + Guiness = Crispin Velvet
Crispin + Blue Moon = Blue Velvet
(or if your loyal to the Bud family like I am- Shock Top)
Crispin + Shiner Bock = Shiner Velvet
(or if your loyal to the Bud family like I am- Ziegenbock)
Crispin + Irish Whiskey = Big Apple
Crispin + Jack Daniels = Jack Frost
Crispin + Captain Morgan = Cap’n Crisp

And pairing it with food? Yes please!
LITE LUNCH
Ciabatta Club - Crispin Original
Soup & Salad - Crispin Light with a slice of lemon
Rosemary Chicken Cantaloupe - Crispin Brut
Chicken Avocado Wrap - Crispin Brut
Beef Taco - Original
Tuna Salad - Brut
Turkey Ranch - Original

DELICIOUS DINNERS
Portobello Shrimp Melt - Crispin Original
Steak Tidbit Skewers - Crispin Original
Southwest Chicken pasta - Crispin Original
Lemon Pepper Tilapia - Crispin Brut
Thai Peanut Pasta - Crispin Light
Sausage & Mozzarella - Brut
Chipotle Chicken - Original
BBQ Shrimp – Brut

You get the idea. Its delicious. Go out and get one. Or comment on this an Ill take you out and Id be happy to treat you to one!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love the "Try it Thursday" idea. Way to go Erin!! Crispin Cider sounds Yummo!! I think we need to have a get together and try out these different products! Instead of hosting the Italians, you could host the country folks from Brenham and friends! :)

Ashley Paige said...

oh my gosh. im drooling. seriously. it may or may not be because alcohol has barely touched these lips these last nine months (okay, fine.. i had a childsize glass of wine over the weekend and it was delish and i pretty much got wastey-faced) but there's just SOMETHING about pairing it with those delicious lunches you described!!!! what a great idea- try it, thursday! i love it!

TLF said...

I'm soooo not a drinker.. Prob because I can have 3 drinks and be on.the.floor.. LMAO!

Tasha said...

That sounds yummy...perfect for summer! Where can I find the product? Do most liquor stores carry it?

Allena said...

This sounds right up my alley - when are you taking me out for one? :)