I have been home from New Orleans for two full days. My soreness is subsiding (from dancing, drinking and two eight hour car rides), my feet are finally clean and lack the black color they were holding onto. My clothes have been washed and I am starting to feel caught up on my sleep from the last two weekends- operative words being starting to. I know weve almost all mentioned this before, but when did we get so old? When did a weekend with the girls turn into a week long recovery? When did having so much fun come with such a steep price tag?
Moving on from my whining... To the random.
Is anyone else addicted to the Sex and the City movie? For me, its like one of those movies Id like to fall asleep to on a daily basis. Its funny, its chic, its sad and its happy. Its on in the background when I make dinner, while I blog, sometimes when I hop on the treadmill and when Derek is out of town. It would be impossible to narrow down one favorite scene but the part where Samantha shows up to help pack Carries apartment ("a lot of shit went down in this apartment, attention must be paid- fashion show ensues) totally reminds me of me and my friends. The same is also true for Twilight- as if I even needed to mention that one, it also typically leads to very good dreams.
I am starting to come to terms with the fact that no matter what I do, I will never be thin (my definition of thin) again. I can lose 5 pounds here or there but I am unsure I will ever feel my best- and while it sounds so sad and final, I want to stop beating myself up about no longer weighing 110 pounds. I suppose "my best" is a poor way to put it, but I dont know what else to call it. Ill never be built like a teenager again? Ha! Thank God!
On a similar note, my boyfriend constantly makes me feel like the most beautiful person in the world- AT ALL TIMES. He is so good at building me up and making sure I know how much he loves me and all I know to do is thank my lucky stars- and his Mother. He always tells me how pretty I look, how much he loves me and he is the most amazing self esteem booster a girl could ask for. It just may be one of my only saving graces when I get into my "Ill always be fat" moods. Which seems to be a constant mood as of late.
Reggie is adjusting so well to life with us and with Molly. He is sleeping through the night in his kennel accident-less, he is eating and growing like a champ- and the best, I am most proud to say that as of yesterday, I taught him to sit and to shake. He is now officially the same size as Molly and she is in for a treat when she finally realizes he will be more than double her size.
I think I blew out my ipod ear buds- is that even possible?! Theyre a bit fuzzy sounding and its pretty distracting during a walk or run. I have discovered the bliss that is Lake Pflugerville and its 3 mile loop has become one of my best friends. My only concern is not surviving the route sans music! My dogs have also grown to love the lake and get their exercise and their swim time.
I suppose for now, thats all I have for you. Bless you for sitting through it. Can you tell Im in quite a mood?
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Random Musings
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great guy! There is no better feeling in the world than to love and be loved.. unconditionally!
your bf sounds wonderful :)
i've also come to terms that i will never weigh 110 pounds again. i go to the gym, eat fairly healthy and remain the same weight. i'm content with myself though.
and speaking of ipod ear thingys, i bought new ones and i hate them! they don't stay in my ears...so frustrating!
have a good day! :)
oh my!
I have missed a ton of your posts!Ive just been super busy! :)
okay... so I have never watched sex and the city...would I still be able to understand the movie, and like it!?
Post a Comment