There is a road I travel on every single day both to and from work. You see, whenever given an opportunity to fore go the stress of IH35, I will take the road less traveled. In my case, that means a construction zone that has lasted for what feels like fifteen years. Derek and I both have been pulled over on said road, he was given a ticket I was not (phew) so I have learned my lesson to obey the rules of the road and follow the specified 30 mph.
This morning I was not at all surprised when I spotted two motorcycle cops waiting around a bend to catch people in a hurry or people to blind/dumb (examples being me and Derek) to pay attention and slow down. I got a bit down the road and flashed my lights at every car I passed to alert them of the trap. A few people waved back at me and I felt content with the non-verbal communication. Some looked at me like I was crazy and Im sure some thought I was part of that supposed gang initiation and were afraid to look in my direction, but either way I felt like my good deed for the day was complete! Pay it forward, right?
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Random Act of Kindness
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha I love the gang initiation reference... that was such a big deal back in the day!
Oddly enough, Taylor and I had a conversation about the flashing headlights/gang initiation thing the other day..
West Side Crypts. Go for blood.
This cracks me up!
Post a Comment