Monday, August 4, 2008

Geriatric

So... I have to poke fun at myself for a moment. For the most part, I am a pretty dramatic person and tend to blow things out of proportion (i.e. out of the water) but this time, I really did hurt myself.

I thought that falling down in the shower was something only really really old people experienced by alas, I am now one of those really really old people and so, it was my turn.



I stepped into the shower and planted my right foot in what I can only assume was the soapiest and slimiest part of my bath tub last night. No, its not dirty but for some reason, it felt a little soapy. Much to my dismay, my foot did not stop there and flew right out from under me. Now, because I was putting all of my weight on said right foot, my left one followed in its path and also came out from under me. I found myself straddling the tub- my poor tailbone breaking my fall. As if that didnt hurt enough, my left leg slammed into the side of the tub and I know have a lump the size of a silver dollar and two deep purple bruises in either side of it.


Maybe I should have asked for a shower chair for my birthday instead of the beautiful diamond ring Derek gave me.

Do I make this look good, or what?

4 comments:

Velma said...

girl! I hope you heal ok!!

The Joiners said...

Ok wait wait- diamond ring? Did I miss something?

Mrs SarahB said...

I am curious about this ring too!

The Joiners said...

Yes, we got rain and wind, but it ended early in the afternoon and was just cloudy. What a let-down!