Friday, August 22, 2008

Dirty Desiree

I look like trash today. Complete and total trash. Suffice it to say that I am wearing jeans, a Blue October t-shirt and my Rainbows. Nice. Its not that I dont care about the way I look or that I dont care about my job enough to put together a "real" outfit- its more about those glorious 45 extra minutes of sleep I get when I decide to look like this. Like I do today.

I am lucky to have a work environment that is based on comfort and is very lax in its guidelines. See, to me, I feel like I look like a homeless panhandler that one might encounter under the bridges of IH35, but to my coworkers, I probably seem right on par for work. Sure, some people here dress nicely and actually bother to apply make up on Fridays, but not me.

I have this admittedly strange school of thought that getting all gussied up for work on a Friday is just plain silly. Let me tell you why:

1) There is just no way that your hair will not look as good as it did this morning when its time to start your evening. Parts might be flatter than they started out, other parts may have flipped in the wrong direction. This is just unacceptable.

2) (for me) Its next to impossible to "freshen up" your face without feeling like you have dipped your entire head in cake batter. I know this is a strange comparison, but thats how I feel when I think I have too much make up on. Caked.

3) How can you possibly know what youll want to wear that night- and how is a work outfit also just the right choice for whatever you might be doing later? Sure, you could go home and change, but that seems like so much work.

I, myself, prefer to start fresh at the end of the day, ring in the weekend with fresh hair, make up and clothes. So, I have now let you into the deepest and darkest corners of my "getting dolled up" mind and now that you all think Im crazy/unsanitary/rough to look at, Ill leave you with a picture I took of myself this morning:


Happy Friday to you all!

1 comments:

Velma said...

I so agree - plus with this dumb headset its constantly pulling out my hair and getting caught in it. Such crap.