Monday, March 23, 2009

Eye Warned You

I thought it would be nice to make dinner tonight and actually put some effort into it. I spent TWO hours at the grocery store making sure I had all the ingredients I would need. I seem to do this most often in phases- buy out the whole store and cook every night for a week- then eat horribly the rest of the month (as Ive mentioned before, I refuse to go to the store unless its absolutely necessary).

When I came home from work I started to prepare what I would need and decided I would wait until later to start the actual cooking. After cutting up bok choy, shallots and raw chicken my eye was itching terribly so I reached up and brushed it with my CLEAN fingertip. Id honestly washed my hands about 14 times in the midst of handling all that raw chicken...

A few minutes later I walked into the bathroom only to look in the mirror and see Quasimodo starring back at me. My eye that had been itching was swollen. I immediately jumped in the shower to flush is as best as possible and its begun to go back down in size. Even after icing it for about 20 minutes, I still look like this: (and dont you dare judge me-- I have on no makeup and my eyes look like they stare out in two different directions- at least, I hope they dont always look like this...

The swelling had gone down a substantial amount when I finally decided to capture the moment- so this hardly does justice to my "freak out" and the call to my mom- but you get the idea. Its just weird to look down and see nothing but your bottom eyelid. And Im sure its weird for all of you to see me with a towel on my head. Now maybe youre as freaked out as I am?

0 comments: