T minus 2 days until we leave for Puerto Vallarta. Am I ready, you ask? No.
This week has been jam packed with many events that have kept me from the one place I need to be spending the bulk of my time: the gym. Monday night was our last family dinner before my grandmother flew home to Massachusetts. Tuesday night I was up to my elbows in laundry and other random household chores to make it to my class on time. Sure, I could have hopped on the treadmill myself and made a go of it- but then what would I be able to complain about? Of course, then there was Last night (Wednesday), which was spent at my work Holiday Party. Tonight I just might stand a chance at burning off some last minute calories, but then I stop and look at my to-do list that seems to get longer by the day and must be completed by tomorrow. There is always Friday, which would work for a truly last second option, but at this point- will that even help? I may as well order a large, deep-dish cheese pizza for dinner and eat it all myself. I don’t think it would make me feel much worse than I already do.
When it comes to packing, I tend to bring everything I own minus the kitchen sink- and believe you me, if it would fit, I just might bring that too. I have made my list, scratched things off and convinced myself “I wont need that” only to replace it with something else. Something that probably takes up more space… like, say, 6 pairs of shoes. I need some flip flops for everyday wear, some for the beach, some going out shoes, some nice shoes for the restaurants that have a “casual elegant” dress code (no, I don’t know who coined that term), some tennis shoes for walking around in the city or if we decide to go on one of the excursions that include hiking and maybe some cute flats. RIDICULOUS, I know. Someone please slap me.
I plan to pack my ipod for the plane ride though I suspect I wont get much listening done. It just so happens that some friends of ours, who are flying to Hawaii, will be on the first half of our first flight on Saturday. On top of that, Derek is a nervous flier and unless he is entertained or kept busy by his laptop or something, I think I might be keeping him distracted. I like to read on planes if I can stay awake long enough, but the only book I have in my possession that has not already been read cover to cover three times is Harry Potter. I don’t know that I want to lug a fourteen-pound book with me all over Mexico. HAH! I guess I do have a practical side. Kinda. Anyone have any suggestions for an easy read while traveling or parked beach side?
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Im Starting to Feel Like Jessie Spano
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 9:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so jealous of your vacation! Will I fit into your suitcase...?
Yes! You should read "Something Borrowed" or "Something Blue" by Emily Giffin. I just bought "Baby Proof" by her as well, and I heard it's good.
Do you not realize who will be on this trip with you?? ME! I can bring you some wonderful books. I would say 'Twilight' is a must, but it's big too. And I agree with the Emily Giffin recommendation - I have read all of hers and own 'Something Blue' but lost 'Something Borrowed' which you should read first. I can definitely bring you some fun ones for the beach - we all know I will be reading tons while you drunkards are having the fun I CAN'T!!!
~Allena
Need you ask? Twilight.
Post a Comment