Friday, December 12, 2008

From Way Out in Left Field

I dont feel like Ive written a worthy blog in quite some time. They all seem like worthless ramblings... and so, I copied a survey from Sarahs blog but have decided to do something a little different with it. Enjoy!

I cannot do a cartwheel. Ever. I have never been able to- feels like I missed some important part of being a kid

I was very happy when I woke up this morning- I leave for vacation tomorrow and am busy trying to convince myself I am not sick and that this too, shall pass.

The last movie I saw in the theatre was "Role Models" and as I expected, it was a let down. In fact, I fell asleep while watching it.

I love getting fun mail- catalogues, cards, pictures-anything with a personal touch makes my day! Handwritten notes really warm my heart!

The word grateful doesnt quite shed a light on the way I feel to have Rhonda (Derek's sister in law) in my life. All signs pointed to us having a rocky friendship for reasons I wont get into, but she let me in the way some would never have done. I feel so blessed to have her around- be it with Derek, their family or just the two of us. She is one cool girl to spend my time with and our friendship has grown into one Im not sure I could do without.

The last person I took a picture with was Lottie and her little growing baby belly. I still cant wrap my mind around the fact that she is going to be a mom. When did we all stop riding our bikes and start running businesses and raising children?

Deer heads and other stuffed dead animals freak me out- no offense if you like that, its cool. I just dont. I always feel like they are seconds away from springing back to life and Ill be the person they exact their revenge on.

Im not very good at telling jokes, Im better at quoting movies. Something about the punch line (the most important part) always gets lost in translation and I mess it up. One liners are more my style.

I almost never have cash. Always have change- just never cash. I think vending machines should take debit cards.

I cry at commercials, award shows, movies and music videos. I am a sap of epic proportions.

My cell phone is almost always right by my side but I HATE picking it up to talk on it... many of you can attest to that.

I have almost perfect vision, but when Im tired my eyes simply stop working. I have glasses for this exact reason but the lenses have got to be the silliest and most useless ones in comparison to those who actually need glasses.

Though I have been very vocal with my apprehensions about marriage and all it comes with, I do hope to be married with a (big) family someday soon. Before you read too much into the word "soon," I mean when the time is right and when I am ready. I do believe I have met my person and I am so grateful for all the work he has done to tear down my walls, and ultimately, I know that our time will come. I am enjoying the ride and the fact that neither of us feel rushed. I feel lucky in love.

I am terrified of matches. Lighters are okay, but matches really and truly make me nervous.

Its not very often I drink sodas- so if you see me doing so, I am either deathly hung-over or just feeling "plum crazy"

I have been on countless airplanes. I started to fly alone, cross-country at the age of 8. Since then I have been blessed to travel to some of the coolest places on this green earth. Traveling, though expensive, is something everyone needs to do in his or her life. Seeing the world is very important in my book.

I love my life. LOVE my life.

I am very ticklish in some of the most random places. Ill never tell you where, but I can promise that theyre odd.

I get frustrated with myself when I think about my past mistakes. Sure, we all live and learn, but I feel like I have such better tools now that would have helped me out back then- I tend to beat myself up over poor choices. Do we all do this?

I dont like wearing makeup- actually, Ill rephrase that, I dont like putting it on. Sure, everyone can use a touch of sprucing up every now and then, but I really hate the whole process and all I really wear is powder and eye makeup. Whoa is me, right?

I have a friend, Sarah, that I have known almost my entire life, and I can honestly say I miss her every single day. She is in Boston and just a phone call, text or email away- but its just not the same. She provides me with a certain comfort that has not and most likely will not ever be matched. She feels like my sister and I wish she were closer. I hope she knows how much I love her.

My showers can range from 5 to 30 minutes in length. Something about the hot water feels like it reaches my soul. Sounds so silly, but its so true.

I love water with lemon. Be it winter, summer, fall or spring, it refreshes me more than any beverage out there.

I will never forget my friend Troy. We lost him too soon and he will forever be in our hearts but what I wouldnt give to have another day with him. Words cannot describe the void he has left in all of our lives.

I have some of the most amazing and wonderful friends. Ever. I don’t ever doubt for one single second that they would drop what they were doing and come to me if I needed them. Not everyone can say that about their friends and I count mine as blessings every time I can.
Three things I will always eat too many helpings of: queso, mashed potatoes and Janets macaroni. Hands down some of the best food ever.

Finally- I have decided to open my blog to the public. I know some people are against this for risk of employers reading/finding it, or offending someone you dont even know when you blog about a touchy subject...I could go on forever. Lately though, I have found myself reading the blogs of my blogger friends- sometimes I cant even remember how I ended up on these pages- but its SO FUN! They are funny, touching, educational and can provide inspiration. So here you go world, take a peek into my life. Just dont judge me, thats all I ask.

2 comments:

Mrs SarahB said...

I definitely feel the same way about cartwheels. When I was little I thought there was something wrong with me because I was the only one. Maybe that is when low self-esteem was created. Damn Cartwheels.

I also find my self on some distant blogs.

Hope you have a great time on vacation!

Velma said...

fun post =) I love reading your blog because you have such fun things to say and descriptions of whats going on...

I also hate matches =)