Monday, October 6, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?

My goodness gracious- time has seriously flown since my last post. While I know its actually been about two weeks, I have to admit, it feels more like two days. I have had so much going on and I must apologize for leaving you all in the dark. Please find it in your cyber hearts to forgive me?

To appease my readers (any of you who may remain) I'll keep the update as short and sweet as possible. So, lets see, where to begin...

1) Football season is in full swing. Be it an afternoon, a night or entire weekend, many a game day have found us nuzzled safely (more like sweatily crammed) into the stands at Kyle Field. For those of you that do not know, College Station is the home of Derek's beloved Aggies. I went to college where there was no football team so I always joke that I am an equal opportunity football fan. Do I like the games themselves? No, not really. Do I like a good tailgate and grilled goodies? Absolutely. Needless to say, weve been in and out of town a lot and have spent many a Sunday recuperating from the adventures.

2) I completed my last two weeks at the American Cancer Society. It was such a strange feeling to leave and I truly miss everyone dearly. When asked what it was like to leave I can honestly say the best word I can use to describe it would be bittersweet. I was so happy to move on, so happy at the possibilities with my new job, but it was very hard to leave the friends Id made as well as the comfort zone Id learned to call home for over a year and a half.

3) I started my new job on September 29th. On my first day I was given a company cell phone, a company car, a gas card and very high hopes for a long term career. While its only been six whole days that I have worked there, I can honestly say I feel confident I have found an excellent job match for my personality. Everyday has been so much fun and its been a really nice switch when I look at the clock and think: "its ALREADY 3?" rather than "its ONLY 3?"I have a wonderful boss that has devoted so much of his time to teaching me the ropes and I feel eternally grateful for this opportunity.

4) After almost four years of owning a very classy set of bunny-ears, I finally gave in and got cable TV. It was a long time coming but I promised myself I would never spend money on something I could get for free. While I cant say I have completely stuck to that theory, the switch to digital cable coming in February really helped shove me over the edge. My decision was made easier by the horrible customer service I was given by Time Warner Cable. Not only were they completely unphased (is that a word?) at my threat to cancel service with them, but they were completely disinterested in making me any kind of deal to keep me on as a customer. And so, they were on the receiving end of a big fat switch kick to the curb. I was able to find a deal that made my money work that much harder for me, and thus, I finally have my very own dvr and 200 channels as well.

5) I promise that as soon as things calm down and I find my niche in this new job, as soon as I learn to budget my time again and as soon as I can- I will write to you all MUCH more often!

2 comments:

Velma said...

I'm so glad to know all is well for you!!

We dumped TWC when the let KXAN go - I can't LIVE without the Office, you know me!!! So we have switched also and we'll see how this goes for us =)

Good luck with getting things back together!! Miss ya!

The Joiners said...

Maybe we WILL see you in Bastrop! Well, not likely since we don't plan on leaving the resort, but hey, you never know!