Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

I am undergoing one of the roughest schedule changes I could have ever imagined. I feel 1/3 zombie, 1/3 half awake, and 1/3 running on adrenaline alone. I am one tired lady!

My hours at ACS were 8-4 and I had a thiry minute lunch that was spent shoveling food into my mouth so I could rush back onto the clock. While my days were slow, it was a nice span of time for a "work day" and getting home so early was really the best part of my afternoons.

Here at the new job, every Tuesday I am expected to arrive at work by 6:15 AM for a sales department meeting and once a month I am expected to arrive at work by 5:50 AM for a company wide meeting. When I leave my house, its still very very dark, sunset is hours away and its actually a little cold outside. I can say that while there is very little traffic to deal with, there are actually other drivers on the road!

Why is this information worthy of a blog, you ask? Well...what I want to know is, where on earth are all the other drivers on the road going? The only place I can think of that anyone would need to arrive to that early is the airport. I really cany think of any other places, unless of course they all work here- and I know they dont. Maybe they are also expected at work before the first rooster crow? Perhaps they commute out of town for work or theyre just plum crazy and are on their way home for a very long night out?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm one of the crazies at 5am... usually on my way to the airport!

P.S. I miss you on google talk :(

Unknown said...

I used to go to the gym at 5:30a.m. to meet a personal trainer...maybe they are going to the gym? Regardless, that is too early! Good thing it's not every day for you!

Mrs SarahB said...

I am there, sometimes. It will start to be light in the mornings for a little bit in the spring before you change your clocks. It sucks in the winter. ICE on the car sucks. I have never really gotten a handle on my defrost.