http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/
At the risk of sounding like a total "fuddy duddy" Im going to say what most women 20 years my senior probably said last night/this afternoon when they found their teenage sons/husbands/significant others glued to the TV after school/work. Grand Theft Auto 4 is by far the WORST video game I have ever seen played in all of my years (yes, all 24 of them).
As some of you may know, and as most of you may not, the newest version of Grand Theft Auto was released last night. How do I know this you ask? My dear boyfriend Derek had his name on a list to reserve a copy- this ensured that on its release date, he would be the proud owner of the best and newest way to legally kill cops and people (i.e. men, women, children, anyone else in his way), steal cars, loot, mug people (sometimes only for coffee), and lord only knows what else. I ask all you 20-30 something males out there, what the heck is the appeal? I mean, most websites with any general run-down of this particular game require that a date of birth be entered before they will even let you enter the site. Red flag much?
Now, I know what youre thinking, its only a game. Why do you care? Whats the problem? My problem is this- what happened to Mario Cart and Yoshi? What about Tetris and Sim City? Pac Man and his cute girlfriend who looked just like him + a pretty bow? Why do we have to kill people to get a thrill? Maybe I dont get it because Im not a guy... maybe Im too old fashioned when it comes to the gaming industry? Maybe I just dont care to get it? That must be it.
There, Ive given my two cents. Discuss.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Violence is the New Pink?
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I loved Yoshi and Mario!
Stop with the WHINE-SP
I <3 GTA IV. You ninny.
I think it is classic that I pulled up to read your blog right... since I can't wait TV... since Justin is playing the new Grand Theft Auto. (sigh)
you ARE a ninny!! that game is highly entertaining, even when you don't play! one post you're a kid and the next you're a granny. hehe! :)
Rhonda (i didn't want to sign up and all that junk)
Post a Comment