Not long ago, I posted something about a very disappointing evening at Golds Gym. I thought it only fair that I let you guys in on two recent happenings that left me with warm fuzzies. Its not very often, so I feel the need to shout it from a mountain top. Or at least to the dozen or so readers I claim ;)
I ordered a t-shirt online about a week ago (one that reads: I Heart Edward Cullen) from an online company called Cafe Press( http://www.cafepress.com/). Having a not so great idea of how said t-shirt would fit, I listened to my inner conservative being and ordered a size medium. More often than not, I order stuff online and it seems I have NO idea what size I really am so I thought this would be my safest bet.
Much to my dismay, when it finally came in- it was way too big. I immediately turned over the receipt for return instructions. Side note-dont you HATE having to send online orders back?! Such excitement to finally meet your order in person, only to have to turn around and send it right back...
My receipt said to get online and fill out some form and it would be responded to "within 4 business days"- UGH! I was so let down. About hours later when I checked my email for the last time before turning in for the night, there was already a response waiting for me!
Feast your eyes on the most shocking case of customer service I have seen in a VERY long time:
Dear Desiree,
I want you to be 100% satisfied with everything you purchase at CafePress.com.
I am ordering you a replacement right away in the new size at no additional charge. You should receive the replacement by January 16th.
There is no need for a return! I don't want you to incur any additional shipping charges. Please keep the original as our way of saying thanks for shopping at CafePress.com.
If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know.
Your ticket code is------------.
Please use this code in any further communication.
I was quite literally speechless. Needless to say, if you like funny shirts, whimsical sayings plastered across your chest, or you just plain want your own Edward t-shirt- SHOP at Cafe Express!!!
A second shocking encounter I had was just this afternoon. I had to pay my cable/Internet bill and have opted for paperless billing (yay me- save the world!) but the problem was that I could not, for the life of me, access my account online. I called the old fashioned 1-800 number to pay over the phone (soooooo last decade) and went ahead and had my account set up to be automatically drafted each billing cycle as I should have done in the first place. I happened to get someone on the phone that didnt seem to hate his job and actually wanted me to be happy, so when I mentioned that I was sorry my bill was over 24 hours late on payment he surprised me with his response.
cableguy-"Im sorry to hear you were unable to access your account online, Im sure that was frustrating indeed- Id like to bump up your package at no additional cost to you from UVerse 200 to our 300 channel package which will now include Showtime, Starz and many other channels you do not currently receive"
me- "You mean, Ill get 300 channels and Internet for the price of 200 but my bill will not change? (insert dumbfounded tone in my voice)"
cableguy- "Yes Ms. Kniker (actually he said Kin-Ker), thats correct, Im going to add this upgrade to your package for six months"
Sure, its no skin off his back and Im sure the cable company can afford the extras without even batting an eyelash, but its the principle of it all!
I just feel like the world could use more people/companies that stand by their products like these two did. Two gold stars for CafePress and At&t Uverse!!!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Customer Service Excellence
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 4:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I had the same thing happen to me when I ordered some baby gifts online too! Don't you love it?
so you have an extra shirt.. =)
that is way awesome!!! Sometimes people do care about who they serve
I love cafe express! I have ordered lots of tees from there! And, I was just on there last night looking at their Twilight stuff!! Too funny!!!!
oh I love cafe press! I have gotten a few tees from them!
Funny, I was just on their website looking at all the Twilight stuff!!!
Whoa, can you share some of the luck, please?
That's great news, but just be careful with the cable company! They did this to me once and then charged me a LOT extra after the 6 months were up because I didn't call to cancel it myself!
OOOOHHH so jealous, I pay a ridiculous amount for cable and DON'T get Showtime or any of the extras. Enjoy it!
Post a Comment