As far back as I can remember, I was told that I had no wisdom teeth whatsoever. None in, none coming in, none even close to inside my mouth. It became a running joke with the dentist I have se
en since I was 8 that I simply "dont have any wisdom"- poor me, eh? I missed out on braces and retainers and now I would be one of very few who didnt get a week off to have my teeth yanked out.
I know what youre thinking, who on earth would WANT oral surgery? Well, I did. When I was younger, covered under my parents insurance and on someone elses dime, of course. Well Im here to tell you that never wish for something you dont REALLY want. All of a sudden, at age 25, I have a wisdom tooth that needs to be extracted, Im on my own insurance and its going to HURT!!!
I was informed last week that I would need to get it out as soon as possible. I made an appointment with the oral surgeon and will be having the extraction tomorrow. I suppose the up-side to having your gums sliced open and a tooth ripped from your jaw is the 5 day break that follows. I see many movies, much sleeping and lots of milkshakes in my near future.
Please feel free to call me, send me emails, text messages, carrier pigeons with jokes or just plain stop by! Im thinking that Ill be pretty bored by the end of day 2... at least Derek has agreed to be my own personal nurse and I can soak up his cable tv for the time being! Its all about the silver lining...
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Be Careful What You Wish For
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope it goes well and you get all the rest you need!!!!!
Good luck! Tip: frozen peas will feel good on your face :)
Post a Comment