Tuesday, August 26, 2008

For Derek

I know I just filled out a survey in my last blog so Ill switch this one up a bit. I have been a bit of a Grumpy Gus for a few days and the lucky person to experience the worst of it would have to be Derek. For that, I have decided, he needs some praise!


All the reasons I am oh so lucky to have him:


He has been tolerating me for 15 months. Thats a long time, my friends.

He is so sweet to Molly, he is always picking her up when I work late, taking her out for me, and he is much better at playing fetch with her than I am.

He loves his Aggies. And I love that.

He is very, very smart.

He allows me to be "sensitive" when I need to be. He also allows me to be a neat freak and it doesnt bother him one bit. This may be due to the fact that he knows I will clean a mess he has left behind, but that is neither here nor there.

He takes me to dinner a lot. A whole lot.

He has come to Boston with me and met some of the most important people in my life.

He makes killer enchiladas. One of only two meals I will eat as leftovers.

He is just as social as I am and knows how important friends are.

He is almost always first to say Im sorry.....Im working on that.

We had the most amazing first date ever. He even recreated it for our six month anniversary.

He comes with an amazing family and group of friends. I feel truly blessed to know "his people"

He throws an amazing party-pretty much for any reason.

He loves me just the way I am.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot reason #1: he has an afro and sings in a rock band. OH, and he can do beer bong shots in .5 seconds. TALENT