Monday, August 4, 2008

Birthday Love


Thank you so very much to everyone who made my birthday extra special this year. Turning 25 was rough for me, but all my friends and family made it so much fun!

My birthday weekend got off to a great start when I got to leave work super early on Friday. I went home and did some un-fun chores and checked in on Molly then rounded up some friends for a nearby happy hour. After that, Derek and I went to see Step-Brother, which was pretty funny.

On Saturday morning, I got to watch Macey for a little while- and she is so much fun might I add. We played with toys, watched the dogs run around in the back yard, and of course I chased her all over the house as she is much more mobile these days. She really put me to work! After a little quality time with Ryan and Rhonda after they came home, I headed to my own home to get ready for Kelsey's wedding. The cool thing about doing stuff with Derek's family is that they all feel like friends. Ryan and Rhonda, though they are Derek's brother and sister-in-law, are so much fun and it feels like Im hanging out with some of my very own best friends. Because I dont have siblings of my own, I think I seriously underestimate how good of friends they can be too! Also, as if theyre not enough, we get to hang out with Kelby and Riley (Derek's cousins) and Karin, who is Kelby's girlfriend is my FIFTH COUSIN! How funny is that?!

The wedding was a lot of fun, good food, good company and good music- what more could we ask for? Nothing. It was perfect.

I woke up on Sunday and immediately felt old. Maybe it was the late night I had the night before, or maybe it was mental but I perked up right away when the well wishes started to roll in. Its so nice to feel so loved on your special day and I felt nothing short of loved all day long. Being Texas and summer, the most logical use of the day was spending it at a pool with any and everyone who wanted to come and celebrate. We had a lot of fun in the pool and wore ourselves out just in time to eat dinner at Tokyo Steak House. Sunburn free and appetites roaring, we ate until we thought we might burst.

So... thank you all to came out, thank you for the phone calls, the text messages, the facebook and MySpace messages, the cakes (Steph and Katie), and the cards. It felt so incredible to be so loved yesterday and I could not have asked for a better way to spend my birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you need to update your profile, you OLD OLD lady... Too bad I'll always be older!!

Love you!
-Allena

Anonymous said...

aaawwwww...family and friends. :)

Rhonda