Monday, February 22, 2010

My Life as of Late

I had my post operative appointment today. The nurse removed my stitches and sent the Dr in. He said that my swelling and my range of motion are not where hed like them to be yet. What does that mean, you ask? Two more weeks of no work and staying off my feet as much as possible. I was so good about icing, keeping my leg elevated and staying put for the first few days but IM SO BORED. I will admit I have let myself slack in more recent days but if it means healing faster, I intend to take it easy now. If I had a desk job I would be back to work tomorrow but because of the amount of time I spend in a car and carrying beer in and out of accounts, its just not going to be easy while still on crutches. I can only imagine the mess Id make out of broken bottles and all the pitiful looks I would get hobbling in and out of bars. Don’t get me started on the cringe worth feeling I get when thinking about having to apply pressure to the brake pedal in my car!

My mom has been home and staying in our house since last Sunday and shes been treating me like a queen. She has literally waited on me hand and foot. She brings me meals on a tray, makes sure Im timely with my meds and she has even taken on a huge yard project at our house- more on that later. She has driven me all over town, picked up prescriptions for me and chauffeured me to the dentist. She has grocery shopped for us, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher and tolerated our dogs. She has also nicknamed Reggie ‘wooly mammoth.’

Derek and I decided to revamp our front yard- we made a plan and sat down with my Mom to put it all into action. The two of them have trimmed two trees that were practically blocking our front guest room window, have been pulling weeds from a flower bed that has years and years of neglect in it. They are going to shape some hedges and possibly plant some new Texas native plants near our driveway where an overgrown mess of a plant (don’t know what its called) has taken over. In our back yard were going to plant lots of small hedges to cover the area from the ground up to the bottom of our deck. I say they because, well, Im still a gimp so Im getting off scott free. (I will post before and after pictures asap!)

That’s pretty much my life as of late. Not too exciting. Im bored and feel pretty sloth like but I guess that’s how we heal- by laying back and letting nature take its course. Feel free to send movies, snacks and knock knock jokes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, how many times have you watched Twilight?

I hope you heal soon!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said...

Get well soon sweetie! I know it's hard I would have already driven all my friends away complaining non-stop! *hugs*

d.a.r. said...

Try and take it easy!!! Get well soon!