I havent written anything about this because it usually turns into the girl who cried wolf...but...
My Doctor was kind enough to point out to me that since this time last year, Ive "packed on" a few pounds (no, she didnt actually use those words)- and so, like a good human that sells and drinks beer way more often than any should, I am doing my best to listen to her advice and lose some. The thing is, when I put my mind to it, I can shed weight fairly fast and before I get too old or my metabolism slows down any more than it already has, I think I should take advantage of that and get back to the weight someone that is a stout five foot one should actually be.
So that puts me where I am now. Sitting in the living room DIRECTLY under a fan and in AC set to 72 degrees (those who knows me know this is FREEZING for me) and Im literally sweating all over the place- even my shins are sweating and its dripping into my shoe (youre welcome for that picture)... I just got done with the treadmill which is set up in the garage (I keep the door shut to make it even hotter and thus get a sweatier workout) and in an effort to put in a little extra, I kinda sorta lifted weights.
Dereks mom got me some hand weights for Christmas and I try to use them as much as I can, only trouble is that I dont know what the heck to do with them so I usually end up either wasting time not doing anything productive to my muscles or I end up giving up a few minutes in after doing what I can remember from the gym. Back when I used to go. When I was thinner. Four thousand beers and thirteen pounds ago.
Anyway, I digress. The whole entire point of this sweaty post is to ask you what you do with weights- do you watch a video with a dorky lady in a leotard or do you watch something on your cable tv? Or do all of you skinny people out there just know what to do?
Fondly,
Sweaty in Seattle (Austin)

6 comments:
Do what you learned in body pump!! You can work out your biceps, triceps, shoulders all with hand weights and just hold them and do lunges and squats, etc. to add weight. Good luck! I refuse to get on the scale anytime soon! :)
back when we had Time Warner I had used one of the on demand free exercise shows that was a 10 minuter work out with hand weights. It was the video that got me losing weight for once... I'm not sure if its still on there and I'm terrible at explaining the stuff online... but she wasn't dorky or some skinny girl I wanted to kick for being skinny..
I've learned some good arm exercises from boot camp..show you this weekend. but i've also learned nothing beats a good ole fashioned push up.
ps.......please stand outside on your sidewalk and do leg kicks into the air.
I don't have any ideas to share on how to use weights, I just wanted to tell you thanks for the laugh!! I really needed that today!
I don't have any ideas on how to use hand weights! I just wanted to thank you for the laugh! I needed that today!
you don't know me but I follow your blog through a friends! i love it!
p.s. 30 day Shred by Jillian!!!! that is great for weights and you get some calorie burn as well (and im a trainer so i am taking the lazy way out!
Post a Comment