I have mentioned before how strange it is to me when there are people other than myself on the roads while I trek it into work for my 6 AM meetings. Not only was there a decent flow of traffic during my commute but when I pulled into the office, a man next to me got out of his car ON THE PHONE. Who on earth would he have been talking to? If I were the person on the other end, I guarantee you my first words (even before I said hello) would be something along the lines of “have you ANY idea what time it is?!” Sure, tired is tired but thanks to daylight savings time, imagine what time it really was when my alarm went off at 445 AM.
Tuesdays are tough for me. Theyre long, theyre somewhat boring when I have to kill the time between the end of my meeting and my first sales call around 930, and I spend most of the day soured on the fact that I had to wake up before anyone I know. I decided that one thing that may help me this week was to dress up. I got a promotion and feel that occasions as such are a chance to really step it up style wise. And so… Desiree put on a skirt today (to crawl on bar floors and haul kegs around restaurants). I feel great and have gotten compliments (if you count the guys at work saying things like, “you have a date later?” Or… “you interviewing elsewhere?”) but I will admit, my feet already hurt from my new shoes. Le sigh.
On an exciting note- my darling Erin is coming to town tonight. She is interviewing with my company for my former position tomorrow morning. Regardless of the outcome, I am just excited to see her face and squeeze her to death. I just hope she gets in town in time for a few drinks and a pre-interview celebration for good luck! Think happy thoughts.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Martes
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 8:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment