Monday, December 8, 2008

December?! Really???

Its been so long since Ive made the time to sit down and update you all on my oh so exciting life. I'm sure you have all been on the edges of your seats waiting to hear every detail of my life and I am sorry to have kept you waiting.

Of course, Thanksgiving was wonderful. We ate until we were all on the verge of exploding- there was lots of family time spent together and just as fast as it crept up on all of us, it was over. One very cool thing about Thanksgiving is that my Grandmother comes every year and stays for about two weeks- so while the holiday has passed, she is still here and Ive gotten to see her a lot.

Not only did Thanksgiving come and go, but its almost time to leave for my vacation! I leave for Puerto Vallarta on Saturday morning for a much needed escape from the real world. Derek, Ryan, Rhonda, Kelby, Karin, Allena and Brent are all staying at the same resort and we could not be more excited about the adventures were sure to have. I have been busily preparing myself to put on a bathing suit during the time of the year none of us would like to. Its been hard to make the gym a priority but Ican honestly say its made me feel really good. Golds Gym has a sign on their front doors that reads “know that showing up is half the battle” and when you leave, the other side of the sign reads “know that youll be back for more tomorrow”- and boy are those true!

In leaving town, that means our poor sweet pup, Molly has to be looked after. By people we don’t know. For the first time in her year with us (it was one year ago yesterday that Derek and I brought her home!) she will be boarded and taken care of by strangers for SIX NIGHTS. Last January my Uncle Scott and his wife Merae took Molly in and looked after her for a week despite her not yet being housebroken. During football season, Dereks friend and neighbor, Chris, would check in on Molly at night and in the mornings making sure she had food, water, and some attention. I think the only time shes been boarded was in April for Erin and Aaron’s wedding. We stayed overnight in a hotel in Grapevine and all of our dogs stayed at the same “hotel” but that was for one night. Just one. Do you think she will ever forgive us? I made her reservation and took notes on what to bring with us and I know she will be in very capable hands, she will be loved and paid attention to, I just wish there was some way to make sure she knew we were coming back for her.

Christmas will be here before we know it. Seriously, time flies when youre having fun. I sat down and penciled in all the parties and events we have committed to for the next few weekends and I could not believe how booked we are. Sure, I feel grateful and blessed to have friends and family to spend the holiday season with, I just feel overwhelmed with all the places we need to be! I guess what I really needed to say at the start of this paragraph is that it will be the New Year before we know it!

I suppose for now (mostly out of fear my readers have given up on my boring post) that will be all.

More again later this week before we leave!

0 comments: