Why is blogging on the weekend so difficult? I never seem to make the time to sit down and write about what Im doing so come Monday my blogs are an eternity long!
Thursday evening, I took Molly to the vet. It was the only night I had off of work last week so I had to take her in very last minute when her butt looked like something might be.... off. Much to my dismay, it was not a small problem that needed fixing like I'd assumed walking in with her. She has/had a parasite and is on antibiotics for the next two weeks. She was also on prescription food all weekend to try to "work all of the problems out of her system"- as if the word parasite didnt strike enough fear in my heart, she also has a problem with her leg that we will need to keep an eye on- she has one of two things 1) the early onset of arthritis (she's not even a year old yet) or 2) she has the equivalent to a human torn ACL. I found it absurd when the vet looked at me and asked "does she chase a lot of things? Does she run around a lot" and to this the only logical answer was, "she's a puppy- she chases everything!!!" I also found it strange that Molly was not limping, acting like anything was bothering her or showing any signs of anything needing attention other than her poor bum. Ill go ahead and add the worst of our worries to this growing laundry list of ailments with poor Molly, she may or may not have a heart murmur. Now seriously, I ask you- how is this possible on a puppy younger than ONE YEAR OLD?! The vet told me it could have been beating irregularly for two reasons other than her ticker being faulty- these causes were stress or dehydration. We live in Texas and she is a poodle that does not shed and she spends her days outside- of course she is hot and dehydrated, shes also been running around the front office dodging the snarling fangs of giant labs and boxers- not to mention, there was a probe shoved in her butt to test her fecal matter for use in the parasite test- of course she is stressed. Wouldnt we all be?!
I am trying my best to remain calm when the vet proceeds to tell me that Molly is groomed improperly and that as a poodle she needs this trimmed and that should be shorter. I explained to her that despite Molly looking 100% poodle, she is actually half poodle and half yorkie and had I intended she look like a poodle, I would have her groomed that way. I did agree that despite her hair being shaved almost all the way to the skin less than two months before, since its been a very hot summer so far, I would pay to have her shaved again. I left the vets office feeling like a terrible puppy mom with tears streaming down my face only to pay them a pretty chunk of change and agree to come in for a follow up appointment so they can once again check her heart. Talk about a downer.
Friday I had off from work, I spent the day running around here and there and allowed myself some pool time in the afternoon with my book of the week. After about two hours, I was too hot and knew I needed to grab a snack before heading to work at Massage Envy for the night. I went into work at 5 only to find out I was not scheduled until 6 (SO annoying) but stayed anyway and worked until 10:30 or so. I met Derek at my apartment and we went to Kit's birthday party at his girlfriend, Heather's house. We played board games and pictionary and had a really really fun night! Boys versus girls is always a good idea in my book, we beat them with flying colors.
Saturday I spent most of the day at the pool again, nothing relaxes me like a good book and some warm rays. I invited a few friends over and we floated around in the pool and took a collective load off. It was really nice to not have to work (at either job) and be able to spend the day doing exactly what I wanted to be doing. That evening, dinner was on the schedule at the Bohls' and that never disappoints. We had Mexican beers and fajitas, spent a lot of time watching Macey and laughing at all her new quirks. Their house is so much fun and the food is always out of this world. Midnight found Derek, Rhonda and myself collapsed, each on our own sofa and eventually we all headed home, full of food and worn out from all the laughing.
Ill end this blog with an update on Molly (mostly because its so funny)- when I dropped her off to be groomed, I let the nice man in charge know that she had a few mats in her fur that I had been unable to get out on my own. He said that he would most likely need to shave her ears as well as her tail (I personally thought it was him being lazy) but I told him I understood and ask that he shave her hair as sparingly as possible. When I picked her up, she was four sizes smaller than normal no thanks to the loss off all her hair- the hair on her head was kept at a normal length so it looks about three times too big for her body, her ears are shaved all the way to the skin and he tail was as well. All that remains on the end of her tail is a small poof that I specifically asked they NOT do. She looks absurd. Pictures to follow. The poor, poor girl has had one rough week!


Thursday evening, I took Molly to the vet. It was the only night I had off of work last week so I had to take her in very last minute when her butt looked like something might be.... off. Much to my dismay, it was not a small problem that needed fixing like I'd assumed walking in with her. She has/had a parasite and is on antibiotics for the next two weeks. She was also on prescription food all weekend to try to "work all of the problems out of her system"- as if the word parasite didnt strike enough fear in my heart, she also has a problem with her leg that we will need to keep an eye on- she has one of two things 1) the early onset of arthritis (she's not even a year old yet) or 2) she has the equivalent to a human torn ACL. I found it absurd when the vet looked at me and asked "does she chase a lot of things? Does she run around a lot" and to this the only logical answer was, "she's a puppy- she chases everything!!!" I also found it strange that Molly was not limping, acting like anything was bothering her or showing any signs of anything needing attention other than her poor bum. Ill go ahead and add the worst of our worries to this growing laundry list of ailments with poor Molly, she may or may not have a heart murmur. Now seriously, I ask you- how is this possible on a puppy younger than ONE YEAR OLD?! The vet told me it could have been beating irregularly for two reasons other than her ticker being faulty- these causes were stress or dehydration. We live in Texas and she is a poodle that does not shed and she spends her days outside- of course she is hot and dehydrated, shes also been running around the front office dodging the snarling fangs of giant labs and boxers- not to mention, there was a probe shoved in her butt to test her fecal matter for use in the parasite test- of course she is stressed. Wouldnt we all be?!
I am trying my best to remain calm when the vet proceeds to tell me that Molly is groomed improperly and that as a poodle she needs this trimmed and that should be shorter. I explained to her that despite Molly looking 100% poodle, she is actually half poodle and half yorkie and had I intended she look like a poodle, I would have her groomed that way. I did agree that despite her hair being shaved almost all the way to the skin less than two months before, since its been a very hot summer so far, I would pay to have her shaved again. I left the vets office feeling like a terrible puppy mom with tears streaming down my face only to pay them a pretty chunk of change and agree to come in for a follow up appointment so they can once again check her heart. Talk about a downer.
Friday I had off from work, I spent the day running around here and there and allowed myself some pool time in the afternoon with my book of the week. After about two hours, I was too hot and knew I needed to grab a snack before heading to work at Massage Envy for the night. I went into work at 5 only to find out I was not scheduled until 6 (SO annoying) but stayed anyway and worked until 10:30 or so. I met Derek at my apartment and we went to Kit's birthday party at his girlfriend, Heather's house. We played board games and pictionary and had a really really fun night! Boys versus girls is always a good idea in my book, we beat them with flying colors.
Saturday I spent most of the day at the pool again, nothing relaxes me like a good book and some warm rays. I invited a few friends over and we floated around in the pool and took a collective load off. It was really nice to not have to work (at either job) and be able to spend the day doing exactly what I wanted to be doing. That evening, dinner was on the schedule at the Bohls' and that never disappoints. We had Mexican beers and fajitas, spent a lot of time watching Macey and laughing at all her new quirks. Their house is so much fun and the food is always out of this world. Midnight found Derek, Rhonda and myself collapsed, each on our own sofa and eventually we all headed home, full of food and worn out from all the laughing.
Ill end this blog with an update on Molly (mostly because its so funny)- when I dropped her off to be groomed, I let the nice man in charge know that she had a few mats in her fur that I had been unable to get out on my own. He said that he would most likely need to shave her ears as well as her tail (I personally thought it was him being lazy) but I told him I understood and ask that he shave her hair as sparingly as possible. When I picked her up, she was four sizes smaller than normal no thanks to the loss off all her hair- the hair on her head was kept at a normal length so it looks about three times too big for her body, her ears are shaved all the way to the skin and he tail was as well. All that remains on the end of her tail is a small poof that I specifically asked they NOT do. She looks absurd. Pictures to follow. The poor, poor girl has had one rough week!

2 comments:
You better not forget to post those pictures - I'm dying to see poor little bald Molly!
~Allena
Where are the Molly pictures?!?! Can't wait to see them.
~Allena
Post a Comment