I am home sick with Strep Throat. Yes, burning the candle at both ends finally bit me in the butt.
Monday night, the Bohls' came over to Derek's house and we made dinner together, this was only made even better by the fact that I got to play with Macey more than usual since she is staying up a little later these days.

I woke up on Tuesday morning and my throat was practically swollen shut and my lymph nodes and glands were so swollen, it was hard to see the end of my jawline and the beginning of my throat. Luckily, I already had that morning off from work as I had a dentist appointment scheduled so I went back to sleep until the last possible moment hoping I would wake up again feeling brand new.
Much to my dismay, I woke up a second time feeling worse than the first. I called and cancelled my dentist appointment and then called my doctor to see if she might squeeze me in. Once I had scheduled a time to stop in, I went back to sleep and continued to do so off and on all day long. You know youre sick when you sleep and sleep and sleep only to feel more tired than when you started.
At 2:45 I pathetically hobbled into the doctors office and within moments I was ushered back to the exam room. After looking in my ears, my throat, poking around my neck and listening to my breathing, the doctor decided to give me a strep test.
For those of you that have had a strep test, you know how awful it is when they shove that mile long q-tip down into the deepest part of your throat and all it does is make you gag and dry heave for the next ten minutes non stop. The doctor then wrote me a few prescriptions and sent me on my way with a promise to call me within two days to let me know if I did indeed test positive for strep. She assured me that she was 90% sure strep was indeed what was ailing me and encouraged me to fill my prescriptions sooner than later so I could get started on the road to wellness again.
For those of you that have had a strep test, you know how awful it is when they shove that mile long q-tip down into the deepest part of your throat and all it does is make you gag and dry heave for the next ten minutes non stop. The doctor then wrote me a few prescriptions and sent me on my way with a promise to call me within two days to let me know if I did indeed test positive for strep. She assured me that she was 90% sure strep was indeed what was ailing me and encouraged me to fill my prescriptions sooner than later so I could get started on the road to wellness again. Derek has been a wonderful nurse, he came home from work yesterday with 3 gallon sized bottles of all different flavored Gatorade and 4 cans of soup:
"I bought you home style chicken noodle, classic chicken noodle, creamy chicken noodle and chicken noodle soup."
So here I sit, day 2 of rotting around, drinking bottomless pitchers of Gatorade and eating every form of chicken noodle soup under the sun. I have been doing my healing at Derek's house as he has cable TV and I do not. Molly and I have been soaking up old episodes of Melrose Place, 90210, One Tree Hill and Dharma and Greg. I love cable but I really do hate being sick.

3 comments:
oh my!! I hope you get better!!! Take care, you and Molly!!! Nothing like 90210 to help make you feel better!!!!
Poor Dez, Strep is really the worse! Four years ago I had to have my tonsils removed from having Strep so much, I would have to get shots of antibiotics in the tush! I know what you are going through! Orange juice helped me out a whole lot. Hope you feel better!
Daytime cable is the cure for everything. :) Please get better sooner rather than later.
K thx bai.
Post a Comment