Friday, September 24, 2010

All Alone

Derek left on Wednesday night for a bachelor party (not his own, his cousin Kelby’s) in Vegas. I? Get to get up at 530 AM daily, go to work, sell beer all day and be harassed by the homeless. He? Will be drinking his face off, gambling, sleeping in, drinking more and doing God only knows what else.

Its no secret that being with your partner- be it boyfriend, husband, roommate or even pet- is more fun than being alone. But in the interest of full disclosure, lets be honest and say that every now and then, for short periods of time- being alone and having your home all to yourself can be enjoyable.

Instead of spend my time bitter or unhappy about it. I am here to tell you all the reasons I will enjoy my “me time” over the next few days.

1) When my alarm goes off, I can snooze as many times as I want without worrying/feeing guilty that it will/has affected Derek.
2) I can get ready with all the lights on and hell, I can even put the TV on and check the weather, watch the news or listen to the Kardashians live fabulous lives through my DVR all while getting ready.
3) I absolutely will break all the dog rules and let them sleep in our room or (gasp) maybe even on the bed with me.
4) I can make all the tuna helper I want.
5) I get to catch up on all my DVR shows that Derek cant stand- i.e. Teen Mom, Vampire Diaries and Gossip Girl.
6) I get to spend my weekend with my real life love, Erin and help shower both she and Nolan with endless amounts of love.

Tonight though? I have overdosed on Robitussin and plan to spread eagle across the bed (provided Reggie is not taking up his standard ¾ of it) and sleep in a totally sloth/open mouthed kind of way. Baby steps, people.

5 comments:

A Real Housewife said...

CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Ryan K said...

ha ha, your like me, I love when my husband goes out of town. Only thing it sucks that yours is in Vegas, to bad he wasn't in Wyoming camping or something...

Allena said...

It is definitely so great to get that 'me' time. But I'd much rather Brent be here to help share the parenting - ha!

Anonymous said...

He doesn't love The Vampire Diaries? For shame! :)

TLF said...

Vampire Diaries is SO GOOD this season.. I love!!