As promised, here are some ‘after’ shots of our yard work. Its pretty hard to tell that weve majorly overloaded what we had, but trust that in person it looks very different and will continue to do so as our hedges grow and we finish off the last of our planting. I also dont think we chose the best time of day to take these pictures but when youre sitting down 20 hours a day, you dont have much of an option. Deal.
One thing I learned is how amazingly cheap builders can be when planting at a new home/lot. Dont get me wrong, it helps to start with every little bit, but youd think they may set you up a little better when you sign your life away to one of their houses!
We need to remove the excess dirt created while digging holes and we also need to lay mulch around these hedges pictured below-but, hey, it’s a tough job! Baby steps, right? One thing at a time- and I cant complain since I havent lifted a finger.
(a closer, more detailed picture- not that it helps much! These pictures are pretty misleading)
This is a plant I found and potted for our patio table. Its cool. Thats it.
And lastly we plan to dig out this entire mess and place one taller tree like plant right at the edge of the house/ driveway (in front of our house number) with shorter shrub like plants surrounding it.
Anyway, not too much else going on here. Just thought Id post pictures for you all- I know you were dying to see our their work. So there you have it. I kept my promise. Cant say I failed you there.

0 comments:
Post a Comment