Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Love My Job, I Love My Job, I Love My Job

I used to whine, bitch and moan about the stupid things people would say to me or ask of me while I worked at the American Cancer Society. I have since come to learn that people are just plain stupid sometimes. I get some real doozies working in my current job as well:

"Hi, this is Desiree from Brown Distributing, do you guys need any beer delivered tomorrow?"
"Sure, bring us a six pack of Bud Light"
"Sir, we dont deliver six packs"
"Whoa, okay well then I guess bring us a twelve pack, but thats an awful lot"
"We only deliver cases"
"We dont need anything then, thats way too much"


"Hi, this is Desiree from Brown Distributing, do you guys need any beer delivered tomorrow?"
"Sure, what brands do you carry?"
"We have Bud, Bud Light, Bud Light Lime, all the New Belgium products including the Fat Tire line of seasonals, Michelob Ultra.... (long pause to wait for them to actually need me to keep going- because there are SO MANY, most of which they never buy anyway)"
"Bring us a case of Coors Light and Miller Light"
"Unfortunately we do not carry those brands"
"Well where can I get them, do you have their number?"


"Hi, this is Desiree from Brown Distributing, do you guys need any beer delivered tomorrow?"
"Um, who is this?"
"Desiree, Im calling from Budweiser"
"Yes?"
"Well I needed to check in and see if you had an order to place for tomorrows delivery"
"Oh, you have a to go order to place?"
"Sigh... no I need to take YOUR order"

"Hi, this is Desiree from Brown Distributing, do you guys need any beer delivered tomorrow?"
"We no have"---click.

I guess it'll just be one of those days

1 comments:

STACEY said...

I hope you don’t think I’m a crazy girl…I got your blog link off Allena’s blog. I just think your posts are too cute & they always make me laugh!