Im sure many of you already know this, but in case you dont- my Mom works on a cruise ship. She is gone for very long periods of time and its rare she is here on dry land with her family. What some of you may not already know is that she comes home tonight! Even if it is for only six measly days, it will be a nice treat to have her here.
What ever shall we do with our time? Unfortunately, a lot of her one-day-short-of-a-week stay will be spent running to all kinds of appointments for her. Im sure you can imagine how many things need to get done when you have been away for months on end! I know there will be a nice chunk of time spent opening mountains of mail, lots of packing and unpacking and of course there will be an attempt to see as much of our family as possible. We also plan to eat lunch at the Bohls' house on Sunday afternoon. Im excited for her to see their house and the land that surrounds it- who knows, maybe well get a little crazy and drive her around on a tractor!
One thing that works out very well is that she can have full use of my car while she is here. Because I have been given a work vehicle that I use as my primary source of transportation, she can use my old car and give it a much-needed work out! That way she can come and go as she pleases and I will be able to as well.
Be it a boring post to you all- I actually do have a point- Can you guys think of any cant miss things she should do while she is here? I know its not really the same as a "tourist" but Austin changes so much and I tend to forget whats new/old and what she may need to see!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Home Again, Home Again
Posted by Dezzy Lou Where Are You at 10:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment